The Story


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Diet Documentary Day 13

Well, I failed with the binging last night. I wanted yam fries after my pasta dinner, which in no way is allowed so I knew I was breaking all the rules with that first cheat, and it was all down hill from there. I made vanilla cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, (ate 5 threw the rest away), yam fries, 4 pieces of toast 1/2 with margarine, 1/2 with peanut butter, saltine crackers with peanut butter, a banana, 3 mandarin oranges, and because that wasn't enough, I asked my sister to bring me home a frozen yogurt blended with fresh mixed berries from the coffee shop she works at. Luckily the only thing that managed to stay down was about 7 saltine crackers (90cal) with 1 tsp peanut butter each that I ate before I even had my dinner. The rest of the binge went down the toilet.

My stomach is an absolute wreck right now. I am starving but don't want to put anything in my mouth. I'll start with my green tea and lemon and hopefully that will settle my tummy. I'm going to another yoga class today with a friend, so that should get me back on track.

Breakfast
3/4C Egg Beaters 90
1/4C Part-Skim Mozzarella 80
1/4C Broccoli 10
3 Mushrooms 15
1/2 Tbl Olive Oil 20
Basil Spinach 0

215 Cal
8g Fat
25g Protein

Lunch
2C Spinach 0
1/4C Light Feta 70
1 Pepper 15
10 Cherry Tomatos 50
1/2 Avocado 100
1/2 Cucumber 0
1Tbl Olive Oil 40
3 Tbl Vinegar 15
Parsley Basil 0

290 Cal
17g Fat
14g Protein

Snack (pre-yoga)
Apple 50

Vinyassa 1.5 Hours
(-450)

Recovery
1 Banana 100
1 Strawberry Activia 40
1/2C Almond Milk 20
1/4C Greek Yogurt 50
1 Tbl Hemp Seeds 60

270 Cal
6g Fat
15g Protein

Total
825 Cal
31g Fat
54g Protein

Net Intake
375 Cal

My fat content is high today and it worries part of me. The other part rationalizes that they are MUFAS, and come from healthy sources. Olive Oil, Avocado, Hemp Seeds, and sources of protein. And I know I need the nutrition in order to do Yoga, especially after purging 3 times yesterday. Today a friend of mine, Becca is coming to class with me. I've always suspected she had an ed herself, but have never and probably would never bring it up or inquire further. It's safer this way.

All during yoga I felt off balanced. I'm sure it was the purging last night, or the dizzyness from class. I can feel my body getting stronger. Looking forward to shifting my burn to 300 on my elliptical tomorrow!

Have any of you guys ever confronted a friend about their strange eating habits?

2 comments:

  1. Yea don't worry too much about the good sources of fats. They're scary caloric wise but are very essential for proper absorption of proteins, nutrients, etc.
    Never confronted someone about it. I somewhat suspect she does but I doubt I will ever question her diet. Beside I know for a fact she eats better/healthier/more than me, so it would seem hypocritical to point the finger.
    Anyways, keep fueled and nourished.
    Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to the best of us, lovely.

    Stay Strong.

    ReplyDelete