The Story


Saturday, March 9, 2013

Diet Documentary Day 2

Breakfast:
1 cup green tea with two slices of lemon 0

Veggie Omelette
3/4 C Egg Beaters 90
1/4 C Part Skim Mozzarella 80
Spinach & Basil 0
1/4 Red Pepper 5
1 Slice Onion 0
3 Mushrooms 15
Cooking Spray 10

200 Calories
8g Fat
24g Protein


Then a 200 Burn on my Elliptical

Recovery:
Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
1 small extra ripe banana 100
5 strawberries 25
Protein Powder: 110
1 C Coconut Water 45
1 Tbl Shelled Hemp Hearts 55

+ Multivitamin
335 Calories
8g Fat
30g Protein

Then I worked for 4 hours straight on my feet.

I was totally planning on having a salad for dinner, I even had it typed out with all the calculations and everything but then my mom and I started fighting and I couldn't eat it, even though I had just spent all this time making it.

Snacks:
1 Grapefruit 30

Total Intake:
565 Calories
16g Fat
54g Protein

Net Intake: 365 Calories

Yessss! Finally feeling back in control and loving how I feel after a work out. It's kept me away from binging and purging which is what I was aiming to do. I realize today was a high protein day, but considering all the excercise I got, I'm hoping to build a little more muscle.

What I noticed was, a year or less ago I was working out religiously every day for about 6 weeksish until I gave up. But my legs got really really toned. All throughout my life I have had a pear shaped body, and ginormous thunder thighs. Even as a kid, I remember being in basketball practice running drills and staring down at their sausage like shape and thinking, 'gross!' So as I went on my typical ed cycle of binging, purging, restricting, over eating etc and gained a ton of weight, it stayed mostly off of my thighs (yay!) but landed all in my hips and stomach (fuck!) While I've known that muscle burns fat, I've read it numerous times in diet articles I never really understood it until then. It seems to make sense, the muscle I built in my thighs from religiously working out on the elliptical is what kept them trim. What extra motivation to work out! The muscle you build helps you from gaining weight in the future..

Note: I in no way am saying that I am promoting this as a 'healthy lifestyle'. As you can see, I'm quite calorie deficient, however, I do try my hardest to make sure the calories I do consume come from healthy places and I give my body the proper amount of protein it needs to sustain muscle mass, while burning only fat. It worked for me in the past to lose weight and I do feel healthy and generally better about myself. But I'm sure if a doctor or nutritionist got their hands on this, they would seriously tell me to up my intake. I'm also not including any grains in my diet as of yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment