The Story


Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award



I have been nominated for The Liebster Blog Award by Lila so thank you very much!! My first award! It means the world to be recognized and thought of even for a minute.
All of you lovelies out there inspire me daily, so thank you. 

The Rules.
In your next blog post....
1.Thank the person/people who nominated you & Include a link to their blog.
2.Include 11 things about yourself.
3.Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
4.Choose 11 bloggers to nominate, they must have less than 200 followers.
5.Create 11 questions for them to answer.
6.Let them know you nominated them. 

Loveylou

I am 21 years old, but sometimes I swear I'm 17 still.
I used to be a competitive ballerina and contemporary dancer.
When I was 16, I was diagnosed with a spontaneous auto-immune disease which caused a permanent heart condition, and I was forced to quite dance. I haven't been able to go back since.
It is my dream to see the entire world. As much of it as I possibly can squeeze into one lifetime.
When I'm with my true friends, I'm not the beauty queen people assume I am, I'm an absolute goofy mess and I don't care about a damn thing; I love to make people laugh.
I've always had a considerable number of close guy friends.
I'm a bit of a hippie, I think I would have fit in well during the 70's, the political protests, pot and peace... I think I would have loved it! (except bell bottom high-waisted pants, seriously)
I want to have lived multiple lives, I want adventure, safety, comfort, recklessness, passion, heart break, love, and anguish. I never think happiness is worth much unless it is tortured.
My favourite colour is a really dark purple.
I am a complete and total people pleaser.
I love country music.


Questions from the lovely Lila


1. What is your dream job?
I've never felt that I really had much say in my future, I've always felt it was decided for me long ago, for no real reason at all. My dream job would be to take over my family business from my grandfather importing wine internationally to high end restaurants. Lots of travel, making connections and a bit of schoomzing ;)


2. If you could switch with any person for a day who would it be and why? 
Marilyn Monroe. Such a sex symbol, a complete bombshell who didn't give a fuck what anyone thought. She was completely confident with her body, at a size 14. A size I myself have been once before I wanted to kill myself. I'd love to know what it feels like to love yourself and be wanted and desired no matter what.

3. Do you have siblings and have you ever been jealous of them for any reason? 
Yes, one younger sister. I used to think my parents loved her more than me. Now I guess I'm jealous of the relationship she has with my father. I know if I took steps I could have one with him, but I will never be comfortable in his presence, and for that I envy her ignorance.

4. If you could choose anywhere.. where would you live? 
Somewhere beautiful, near the Ocean, close enough to hear the waves. Far enough away to feel safe, close enough to a busy city to not feel trapped. In a hand-made house with a man who loves me unconditionally.

5. What is your fav pass time hobby? 
Getting high, making a playlist and painting by candlelight in the middle of the day while it's dark and rainy outside.

6. Have you ever been in love.. how many times? 
I've thought I've been in love with many different people and at many different times. It's caused me to truly doubt my self judgement so I don't know how to answer this. I am in love with my boyfriend J, and I think he could be the one. 

7. If you had to get a tattoo this second.. what would it be and why? 
I have two tattoos already. My favourite, and first, is a bird flying on my hip. It means a lot to me. As a child I used to blow out my birthday candles and wish I was a bird, so I could fly anywhere I wanted, whenever I wanted to. The ultimate freedom. I don't want to get any more tattoos.

8. Have you ever had a surgery? (cosmetic or emergency) 
I've had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was a teenager. During a screening of my blood work pre-surgery, was when my auto-immune disease was discovered. I was told that if I went under the anesthesia and my thyroid was to have a storm, which happens 4-5 times daily, my heart could have stopped.

9. Whats your greatest childhood fear( any answers about weight dont count) 
That I would make my dad angry.

10. Do you have a favorite relitive? if yes why are they your fav? 
My Nonno. He is absolutely amazing. He was trained as a shoe maker in Italy, and only went to school until grade 3. He went on to build a family empire of sorts, one international sports business which he passed down to my father and uncle. He now imports wine under his own label, and distributes all over the country. He is the most generous, kind-hearted, strong willed, stubborn, and loving man I have ever known.

11. If you could meet in person any of your blogger followers or blogger mates that u share with.. would you?

Yes, I would.  

My Questions

1. What do you love most about yourself?
2. Describe a memory that makes you proud
3. If you could change one moment in your life, that you think would be pivotal, and could change the course of your entire life, would you? What moment would you change, what would be different?
4. What would you do if your family and friends found out about your eating disorder and/or blog?
5. If you could be anyone, who would you be and why?
6. What is your relationship with your parents like?
7. What's your favourite 'safe food'?
8. What are you doing when you feel the most happy and joyful?
9. If you could be any animal what would you be?
10. What is your favourite fashion statement or 'look'?
11. If you could make one wish, what would you wish for? (can't be body related in any way)

For the nominee's...
(I know you're on hiatus but I've got my fingers crossed that you'll come back!!)





2 comments:

  1. Hi there:) I'm new here and I just wanted to say hi! I've read all of your posts and I finally decided to make my own blog. It seems like we have so much in common! Father issues, pot, traveling! I always wanted to live more than one life because there is so many options and we can only choose one path. I would also love to live in the 70's without all the internet and cell phones. It just seems like we could enjoy so many more special moments with our friends and family. I have a younger sister that I always try to protect :)
    Anyways, I really like reading your posts because you always say something smart! How was that party that you were supposed to go to on Saturday? I hope everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for your comment :) It's great to get feed back, especially from a new follower! I'm flattered that you've read my whole story :)
      If you want to chat more, feel free to shoot me an e-mail at thebeautyofbones@hotmail.ca

      The party went really well. One awkward moment at the table when I was asked about my age, only minutes after the couple next to us had said that they have a '20 year old daughter'... only a year older than I am... but other than that slight embarrassment I think I did well! J told me so, and that a few of his co workers last week came into his office (from across the building, who work in a completely different department) to tell him that I'm a keeper, and ask him where he's been hiding me! So that was really nice to hear. I acted completely normal and ate a little less than half of the pasta, I knew I had to and I really didn't want to cause a scene or concern for J.
      The things we do for love!
      hope you have an awesome day :)
      love always,
      xoxo

      Delete