But oh God, it feels great to be back...
I did try and start a new blog, but it didn't feel the same. Honestly after I stopped writing all things went to hell, and then got better in different ways.
First I need to get this off my chest - my eating has been atrocious. I've been binging for the past week, non stop, some days not even bothering to purge because I am that lazy. I'm too scared to weigh myself, and I know that the second I see anything more than the last number's I saw (which were weeks ago) it will trigger me to binge and un-do everything. I don't know what happened, I just couldn't stop. I smoked weed all day long and could not stop eating. My mom would wake up in the mornings to a kitchen/war-zone and I would look at her innocently and mumble, "don't know how that happened" when I'm really so embarrassed I just want to hide.
Yesterday I fasted, all except for a few glasses of wine that I allowed myself to have because I was at a big family gathering for my uncles birthday, just 60 of his closest friends and my enormous family - wine was definitely needed. I felt pretty sick by the end of the night, kept everything down and stayed away from all of the finger food by busying myself with cleaning and making my rounds. I don't know what I should do for the next few days, if I should make a diet plan but none of my plans work. I only create them so I don't stop eating altogether, I create a reality in where at least some eating is somewhat okay. Everything feels wrong, bad, evil, dirty. I don't want any of it. Plus I've binged for so long and forced myself to eat foods I didn't even want at the time that food doesn't sound appealing. I'm just gonna go with it...
I've also met someone, his name is J. The funny thing is that the night I met him, I was going to meet that cute guy from my class. After moving on from PlanA to PlanX after nothing had really gone right, a friend and I ended up at one of our usual bars and that's where we met. He's great, very attentive which I love but is also so new for me. I've never had anyone watching me or have anyone to 'answer to' or 'explain myself' to. Sometimes it feels like I've been wearing a jacket 3X too small and I can't breathe. I get awful anxiety if I'm out of my house for too long or don't know how I will be getting home or have a plan so sometimes when we are together I get really nervous and freak out and just need to leave. I hate it because I can't explain it to him, and I know he takes it personally.
Last night I went out with him and a few of his friends for drinks after my family gathering. I was a bit spacey the whole night, had a lot in my head and had been really nervous about my family party. I told him I wanted to go home and he dropped me off but was distant. I texted him when I was about to go to bed and got the 'do you have a second to talk?' text. Great. Here we go. My heart leaps into my throat, a thousand different versions of how this could go flash in my head, alongside the memories of different variations that have actually happened. He just wanted to make sure I was okay... because I looked upset in the car like I was about to cry and he wanted to know if everything was okay. I let out my breath and then can't decide if it's appropriate to cry or laugh. I want to cry because I've been so conditioned that when anyone wants to 'talk to me' it's alwaysalwaysalways a bad thing. I automatically connect conversations with sadness, resentment, lonliness. And I want to laugh because the whole obsentiy of the situation is actually pretty hilarious. I feel like I am rediculous.
My family hasn't changed much. I have noticed that while I was binging I had little to no paranoia at all. Don't know what that tells us but I'm hoping it's a coincidence, and that the real reasons behind it are that my mom and sister are finally off of my back. Although yesterday my mom noticed I hadn't eaten all day, and made sure to ask me this morning if I ate at my uncles place because I hadn't eaten at all... My sister and I are really really close now. She's dieting as well and I use 'dieting' loosely because even if she won't admit it I know she's purging and restricting. She's always told me since we were kids that she's been able to puke without hands, she even showed me one time with a piece of lettuce, so she's mostly puking up everything she eats. It's yo-yo dieting because she wants to fit into her dress for Grad. I'm keeping an eye on it and trying to help her as much as I can with keeping healthy, even in dangerous circumstances. But neither of us are talking openly about our eating issues and it needs to stay that way. I'm NOT going to coach my little sister in how to live a disordered life. I'm really hoping after grad she smartens up.
Last but not least, I want to thank every single person who commented or gave a thought to my blog, at any point because it has really meant so much to me. I couldn't tell you how much joy and excitement I get from reading everyone's thoughts and feedback. Thank you, I love each and every one of you beautiful people.
Last but not least, I want to thank every single person who commented or gave a thought to my blog, at any point because it has really meant so much to me. I couldn't tell you how much joy and excitement I get from reading everyone's thoughts and feedback. Thank you, I love each and every one of you beautiful people.
love always,
xoxo
I just found your blog and have to say you sound like a lovely person. Good on you for looking after your sister too. What you're going through now will pass though... it always does. I'm sure you'll find a place a calm once the worst is over. Best wishes and all my support.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteNot to worry about the past, the present & future is what you can shape now :)
Si xx
Ohmygod have I missed you. I'm so so glad your back here and writing again. It feels as though you have been gone for far far too long. Don't worry about your eating, as long as you get back on track now there is nothing you can do about the past. I'm happy you've met someone! You deserve it. Keep happy love <3
ReplyDeleteSo glad ur back sweetie! Missed u<3 Gosh Ive been stuck in the same cycle for weeks and weeks. I, like ur sister have the ability to puke w/o my hands and ever since ive been able to, the purging just wont stop. And with it, comes binging of course. Im sry that this is happening to ur sister as well. Its great tho that uve met such a nice guy:) hopefully it works out<3 Stay strong! And srsly ur amazing for being able to fast. When I'm into binging for a week or more it takes SO MUCH discipline to be able to not eat because ur just so used to eating all the time. u jst inspired me:) I guess we can recover from our binging together:) Much love<3
ReplyDeleteso glad ur back coz i couldnt get on ur new one coz i had to be invited to read it :( felt left out
ReplyDeleteglad ur back and thankyou for thinking about me and commenting it means alot
remember this is YOURS its like ur house ur safe place ur place of worship ur everything rite here this website is your own nobody elses whatever u put is real and no one can take that away from you
without blogger id be dead by now...
ive missed you
xx